Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Band 6 Ward Pharmacist to work based in Luton/Dunstable/Bedford.
The pay rate for this locum Ward Pharmacist job is £25.00 - £26.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
This role will be based at multiple sites.
- Counselling advice to patients
- Deliver a comprehensive medicines optimisation service to wards and teams based within the Luton and Bedfordshire directorates and when necessary to provide this service to other wards across ELFT
- Provide dispensary cover/link pharmacy cover and to support the MMT technicians, this operational work may be within the Luton and Bedfordshire directorates
- Provide pharmaceutical support to the clozapine clinic(s) in Bedfordshire and Luton, screening prescriptions and liaising with the MDT as necessary
- Manage the supply of clozapine to in-patients and out-patient clinic
- Offer support and advice to all staff participating in these procedures
- Work with the Lead Pharmacist to undertake audits to evaluate and improve services alongside trust and Luton and Bedfordshire priorities
- Work towards quality improvement initiatives in line with the trusts QI vision and with direction from the Pharmacy Services Manager
- Be involved in effective stock management and cost-effective medicines prescribing and administration across the organisation
- Ensure safe and appropriate use of medicines in order to maximise benefit and minimise risk to patients
- Regular review of prescriptions, identification of significant drug interactions, advice for clinical monitoring, compliance with legal aspects (Medicines Act, Mental Health Act) of medicine supply and compliance with the Trust formulary
- Be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy input at ward level
- Undertake medicines reconciliation and to support Medicines Management technicians in medicines reconciliation
- Undertake patient 1:1s during the admission
- Be responsible to the multidisciplinary team caring for outpatients (e.g. as part of the Community Mental Health Teams)
- Be responsible for providing a clinical pharmacy service to groups of patients
- Review prescriptions for accuracy and legality and identify actual or potential problems
- Ensure the effective supply of medicines suitable for use as an inpatient and appropriately labelled for discharge if applicable
Requirements of the Ward Pharmacist:
- HCPC registration
- Must have a relevant qualification in pharmacy
- Mental health experience
- Able to carry out medicines reconciliations, attend MDTs and support with providing prescribing advice to prescribers
- Car driver
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive pharmacy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Ward Pharmacist job is advertised by Athaur Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.