Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Theatre/Anaesthetic Recovery Nurse to work full-time (39 hours per week) based in Ireland.
The salary for this permanent Theatre/Anaesthetic Recovery Nurse job is £25,819 - £43,310 per annum.
- Develop their professional standards whilst operating within roles and responsibilities aligned to their Contract of Employment, Code of Professional Conduct and Scope of Nursing Practice
- Be responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care working collaborator as a member of the Inter Disciplinary Team
- Be responsible for his/her own professional development
- Supporting and assisting colleagues and facilitating achievement of specific Critical Success Factors as developed for the Ward/Unit/Department
- Take charge of the Ward/Unit/Department as assigned by their CNM
- Responsible for the delivery of the best perioperative nursing practice, based on the assessment of individual patient’s care and needs
- Participate in either the areas of anaesthetics and recovery or circulating and scrubbing
- Ensure the process of carrying out the theatre lists procedures are done in an efficient and effective manner
- Take charge of the clinical department in the absence of the Clinical Nurse Manager 1 or 2
- Maintain a high standard of patient care through supervision of nursing staff and developing staff potential and professionalism
- Maintain a safe environment for all patients in the department from admission to discharge by adhering to all theatre and hospital policies and guidelines during preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative phase
- Ensure hospital’s policy is understood and carried out with regards to the care and custody of drugs / medication, especially with regards to policies covered by the Misuse of Drugs Act
- Carry out morning and evening theatre / Anaesthetic room / recovery room checks every day and document
- Check theatre equipment is correct and within working order, ensuring its cleanliness after use and reporting defects to the Clinical Nurse Manager
- Maintenance and rotation of theatre stock levels and the requisitioning of stores on a day to day basis
- Act as a mentor for all new staff, and participate in their induction programme, direct the training supervision and support to other theatre staff
- Keep abreast of and ensure all staff under your control are aware of all policies, procedures and training schedules laid down for the benefit of safety of patients, staff and hospital
- Assist and participate in Department professional development programme
- Integrates accurate and comprehensive knowledge of ethical principles, the Code of Professional Conduct and the Scope of Professional Nursing Practice, in the delivery of patient care
- Fulfils the duty of care in the course of nursing practice
- Implements the Mission Statement, policies, protocols and clinical guidelines of the Mater Private Hospital
- Responds appropriately to instances of unsafe or unprofessional practice
- Integrates knowledge of the rights of patients in the health care setting
- Determines own Scope of Practice utilising the principles outlined by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and adheres to the Code of Professional Conduct
Requirements of the Theatre/Anaesthetic Recovery Nurse:
- Registered General Nurse
- Be on the live register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Children First Certificate
- GDPR Certificate
- A pre-assessment medical form
- Takes opportunity to maintain and improve knowledge and competence, and takes steps to keep up to date with clinical and nursing developments
- Recognises own abilities and their level of professional competence
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for consequences of own actions or omissions
- Exhibits knowledge and awareness of legal and professional accountability with regard to medication management
- Exhibits knowledge and awareness of relevant statutes and legislation regarding the practice of prescribing, ordering, dispensing, storing, recording and supplying or medicinal products
- Recognises the rights of patients to appropriate pain assessment/reassessment and management
- Demonstrates conflict resolution skills and shows ability to resolve issues in an unbiased manner and provides rationale for decision
- Recognises and provides support towards colleagues when special intervention is required
- Continuing of Professional Development
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach in prevention of clinical and non-clinical incidents
- Complete a Garda Vetting application form, for assessment by the Garda Vetting Unit
- 27 annual leave days will apply in addition to leave in lieu of 9 Public Holidays per annum
- Salary Scale as per relevant point on pay scale pending experience - stated in contract
- Pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted inpatient and outpatient treatment rates
- Sick leave scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Financial support for career training & development
- Staff Care Services programme
- Career break scheme
- Discount pharmacy rates
- Subsidised restaurant
This Theatre/Anaesthetic Recovery Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.