Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager to work full-time within a Transitions Team based in Croydon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Team Manager job is £40 - £42 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Purpose of the role:
- The Team Manager will take operational responsibility for a team of social workers delivering Council's statutory responsibilities for young adults.
- To be responsible for ensuring staff effectively support children and young people through the transition process from the age of 17 years to 25 years ensuring personalisation choice and control.
- Direct work with adults, children and families to achieve desired safety and wellbeing outcomes.
- Work closely with leaving care to ensure that the Pathway plans for young adults leaving our care are completed.
- To be the professional lead in this designated area of work and to manage within a Performance Management Framework that supports the priorities of the Service, Department and Council.
- Provide professional advice to staff, colleagues and partners for the area of responsibility including partnerships with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities ensuring delivering of outcomes including education, health and care plans.
- Ensure that assessments and plans for young adults are robust, evidence-based, progressed in a timely way, are effective in keeping young adults safe and are outcome focussed.
- Be accountable for safeguarding ensuring that all staff follow the safeguarding procedures and protect vulnerable young adults from risk.
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Team Manager job is advertised by Megan Roberts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.