Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager to fill a full-time role within a Safeguarding & Supporting Familes Team based in Torquay.
The pay rate for this locum Team Manager job is £41 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3 -month contract.
Key Purpose of Job
- To provide a high quality and effective social work service to respond to the needs of children, young people and families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines, policies and standards.
- To lead, supervise, appraise, develop and manage a Social Work Team that is responsible for the delivery of targeted family support and specialist provision to all children and young people in need or subject to child protection, or looked after by the Local Authority.
- To promote and develop an integrated approach to both assessment and provision across the whole of Children's Services, including partner agencies.
- To effectively use agreed partnership threshold criteria to prioritise need and ensure that the most vulnerable children and young people are provided with a consistent, robust and proportionate response.
- To ensure that all children and young people who have suffered or are likely to suffer significant harm are provided with an immediate response and risk assessment which complies with 'Working Together 2015' and South West Child Protection Procedures.
- To ensure that all Child Protection Plans identify assessed risks to children and young people and are effectively managed according to statutory guidelines.
- To ensure that all children and young people Looked After have a comprehensive care plan that promotes their safety and emotional wellbeing and are reviewed in accordance with statutory guidelines.
- To ensure that timely permanency plans are made for all children and young people unable to remain in the care of their birth parents and that parallel planning is also completed.
- To meet all statutory duties relating to assessment and review for Special Guardianship Support Plans.
- To ensure that the assessment and engagement with children, young people and families is informed by research evidence, is of the highest quality and adheres to legislation and policy.
- To promote the continuing professional development of all staff in the team.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out within delegated budgets.
- To understand and promote the core business of the Torbay Safeguarding Children's Board and deliver its priorities.
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Qualified HCPC registered Social Worker
- Management experience is essential.
This Team Manager job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.