Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager to fill a full-time role within a Children's Service based in Luton in an Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager job is £38,813 up to £40,760 per annum.
- Managing and directing a social care, intensive support and stronger families teams, resources and budgets in order to assess the needs and provide services to support children, young people, families and carers where a child is vulnerable, in need, disabled, at risk of harm or becoming looked after, in accordance with the statutory powers and duties of the Local Authority. Enable children and young people to remain safely within their home and/or community environment, including appropriate provisions identified by the LA, and ensure they achieve good outcomes through effective social work intervention.
- Ensure the team provides effective services, employing best professional practice and standards, which have measurable benefit for service users.
- Providing a social work service of assessment, care planning, child protection and key working within the scope of the Children Act 1989 and related legislation.
- Manage the day to day operations of the team,
- Recruit, motivate, train and develop staff within Council procedures.
- Ensure the provision of an effective service to local people by maintaining high standards of professional practice and maintain effective links.
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Qualified HCPC registered Social Worker
- Management experience is essential.
- In depth experience in a social care field with an emphasis on Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Demonstrable experience of complex decision making in children's social care services.
- Demonstrable experience of complex child protection and statutory case work.
- Demonstrable experience of advising, coaching and supporting staff.
- You will be able to managing, motivating and developing a social services team, effectively achieving high levels of performance from staff and representing the service and department at a variety of internal/external meetings.
This Team Manager job is advertised by Mandy Hubert; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.