Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager to fill a full-time role within a Children's Service Assessment team based in Haringey.
The team complete comprehensive Child and Family Assessments that identified robust plans that achieve the best outcomes for children and young people. They initiate Child Protection plans, Child in Need plans, as well as initiate proceedings in the family courts when required in order to keep children and young people safe.
The service consists of 1 No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) team and 4 Assessment teams, each led by a team manager managing up to 6 social workers, including 1 social in their ASYE.
We offer a competitive package which includes recruitment and retention payments (subject to terms and conditions), as well as learning and development opportunities. We work to the Signs of Safety model and are committed to embedding this in our practice.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager job is £49,464-£54,597 per annum.
- To provide good quality management oversight, direction and supervision of all cases
- To be a leader who demonstrates strong management and communication skills
- Ensure that social workers are well supported to do the tasks that they need to do to safeguard and promote the health and well-being of the children/young people of Haringey
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the work allocated to your team, ensuring that this is completed to the highest standards and with the child's welfare central to decision making
- Provide management cover within the Assessment Service when your colleagues are on leave
- To ensure that Human Resource policies and procedures are adhered to, including robustly and effectively addressing any performance, capability, sickness absence or similar issues
- To ensure that concise and accurate records of your management decision making and direction is evidenced and communicated
- Chairing complex multiagency meetings strategy and professional meetings where required
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Qualified Social Work England registered Social Worker
- 5 years previous experience working as a Team Manager
- Experience as a team manager within children's social care is desirable
- Be highly organised and able to deliver to deadlines, and able to work independently whilst maintaining a team and whole service focus
- Have strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills
This Team Manager job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.