Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Band 5 Team Leader to work based in St Martins, Guernsey, within the Adult Disability Service.
The salary for this permanent Team Leader is £30,566 - £39,560 annum.
- Work a shift system that offers support 24 hours a day. Staff are involved in all aspects of maintaining the area using the active support model, this may include cleaning, shopping, washing ironing, cooking etc. Service users will be encouraged to participate in these activities with the staff.
- To assess, develop, implement, and evaluate programmes of care and support.
- To autonomously initiate crisis management as service user need dictates.
- To provide planned care and support autonomously within level of the post holders experience, referring to a more senior member of staff if necessary.
- To maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care/ support given in accordance with standards.
- Independently liaise and communicate effectively with members of the multi-disciplinary team and other associated agencies.
- To undertake the role of health promoter and educator for service users and their families/significant other.
- To complete training and support staff in safe moving and handling techniques.
Requirements of the Team Leader:
- Registered Health or Social Care Professional e.g. Nurse, Speech and Language Therapist, OT, Registered Behaviour Technician or Social Worker.
- OR a Degree in Health and Social Care plus proven experience of supporting people with a learning disability and/or autism.
- Hold a driving licence and be prepared to drive service vehicles. The Manager can apply a level of flexibility with this requirement.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Understanding of learning disabilities and/or willingness to learn.
This Band 5 Team Leader job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.