Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Support Worker to work with service users who have learning disabilities and challenging behaviours in Ipswich, Suffolk.
The salary for this permanent Support Worker role is £17,062 per annum.
Shifts and hours:
- 24/7 Care
- 7.5 hour shifts
- 7AM to 2:30PM and 2:30PM to 10PM.
- SLEEP-INS required unless there's a good reason like childcare etc.
- You will spend the shift looking after only one person per shift.
- 22.5hrs / 30hrs and 45hrs per week available to choose from
- Bank contracts available as well
- Support Workers work as part of a team who provide customer-focused support as part of a 24-hour service delivered 365 days of the year based on a rota system, this will include weekends, bank holidays, sleep-ins and waking nights where required and which is determined by the needs of the customers and the service (hours are agreed at the time of the offer, to suit candidate's needs).
- Support Workers assist customers to identify and work towards their aspirations and goals and work with them on an individual and team basis this ensures that they have the freedom to choose where, when and in what way support is provided.
- To undertake personal care and support for individual customers including oral care, monitoring of pressure areas, toileting, bathing and skincare.
- Enabling customers to increase their independent living skills and improve their access to the wider community.
- To support customers with medication needs through prompts and administration.
- To support customers as required with their finances.
- To assist customers with their mobility including the use of aids such as wheelchairs, hoists etc.
- To support and prompt customers to have clean homes for example: washing up, vacuuming, ironing, cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry.
- We offer free comprehensive learning and development appropriate to your role which may include the Care Certificate which is nationally recognised and fully transferrable
- Free further education leading to QCF professional qualifications may also be available to you
- Online training to suit your hours and needs, with workshops and on the job training to give you that personal interaction and support that you need.
- Our employee assistance programme 'Care First' is somewhere to turn to when you need reliable information or support, and someone to talk to when things do not run as smoothly as you would like - its available 24/7 online and via phone. There are some great wellbeing tools on the website for all our employees to use
- Flu vaccinations are encouraged and available and some are free through your GP where you produce your Papworth Trust ID as you may be in contact with customers who may be vulnerable.
- Eye tests up to a maximum of £50.
- Cycle to Work Scheme -Save money on a new bike or safety equipment and spread the cost. Keep fit at the same time!
- Papworth Rewards is our discount scheme exclusive to our employees saving you money on everyday purchases and accumulating cashback!
- Free Parking at most sites and 45p per mile for all business mileage (any exceeding 10,000 miles per annum will be paid at 25pm per mile)
- Flexible working were suitable and available to meet service needs
Requirements of the Support Assistant:
- Experience of working alone successfully, including using initiative.
- Experience of being responsible for the safety of others.
- The essentials of the legislative requirements of the role e.g. Supporting People criteria, National Minimum Care Standards, the role of CQC or an ability and willingness to learn.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of equality and diversity particularly in respect of disability and the ability to apply these to daily work with customers.
- Sufficient knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken, in order to communicate effectively with customers, their families and other staff members, including writing handover notes.
- Must be a car driver.
This Support Worker role is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.