Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Fostering Team based in Newcastle Upon Tyne. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £32,000 to £36,000 per annum.
To assist the Team Manager to deliver services in accordance with agreed objectives, financial targets, quality and performance standards, that will improve the outcomes for individuals and families.
- Monthly supervision and weekly telephone support to the Foster Carers
- To assist in providing weekend Out of Hours service by partaking in the rota for covering this service (currently 1 in 5)
- To provide emergency weekday evening cover for the Foster Carers you will be supervising.
- To complete professional assessment reports (BAAF Form F1) on applicants applying for approval as Foster Carers with the agency
- To take part in foster care recruitment and marketing activity
- To assist in the delivery of training and facilitate monthly Support Group Meeting's to and with Foster Carers
- To attend and record Child Looked After reviews, Personal Education Planning meetings and reviews as the professional representative of the agency and in support of the Foster Carer.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- A minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.