Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time in Poters Bar, within Fostering. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Supervising Social Worker job is £35,000 per annum.
Duties of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Present well-written Form F assessment reports and annual reviews to the foster panel within agreed timescales
- Contribute to the foster carer's initial and post-approval training programme and contribute to running foster carer support groups.
- Support several approved foster carers by regular visits, telephone calls, attendance at children's reviews and liaison with the child's Social Worker
- Take responsibility for ensuring children are in safe, caring placements that offer protection
- Undertake 'out of hours' on-call duty on a rota basis (once every 6 weeks), and support foster carers dealing with crises and needing advice
- Promote the service to Local Authorities liaising with appropriate Managers and Social Workers and ensuring information is given to facilitate matching all children's needs to suitable foster carers
- Work in a way that always promotes anti-discriminatory practice
- Take responsibility for ensuring all health and safety recommendations for foster carers are implemented within and ensuring the health and safety of all children with foster carers
- Identify the need for and to compile timely and robust risk assessments, monitor implementation and review at least annually or if circumstances warrant, more frequently
- Compile robust and timely risk assessments, monitor and review their implementation at least annually or as and when the need determines
Benefits of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Friendly and Supportive management team who are always available
- Work from home
- Protected caseloads (Maximum of 12 fostering families)
- Exciting future ahead for the growing agency
- Personal development and progression opportunities within the agency, sliding scale salary, opportunities to progress upwards.
- 28 days holiday
- 3% Employer Pension
- Financial bonus opportunities
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Full driving licence
- An in-depth understanding of the Fostering Services National Minimum Standards and Fostering Services Regulations.
- Flexible approach
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.