Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time (37 hours per week) based in Wallington, within the Therapeutic Fostering Team.
The salary for this permanent Supervising Social Worker job is £42,000 per annum.
The duties of this post requires the post holder to work evening and weekends on a planned rota basis to deliver recruitment, training and evening visits.
- Be a change agent in this process and to have a real commitment to meeting the needs of young people and supporting them in foster care proactively
- Recruit, assess, train, supervise & support, and review a range of foster carers
- Ensure that national Childcare Legislation, fostering standards (2002 and 2011), regulations, schedules, formal notifications to Ofsted are adhered to in respect of the provision of Fostering Services , Private Fostering, short breaks family and Friends (connected persons)
- Manage a mixed caseload of foster carers, short breaks carers, ensuring an effective and efficient deployment of services and resources to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in care and in alternative arrangements
- Work in partnership with the Local authority social work teams and to fully enact and facilitate Care Plans for children in placement
- Fulfil a range of agency related tasks
- Manage a mixed caseload of foster carers involved with fostering, short breaks and alternative care arrangements to meet the placement needs and outcomes for children placed in their care
- Supervise mentors and or social work assistants as required
- Undertake assessments of prospective and existing foster carers in order to determine their suitability for approval or continued approval as carers
- Accurately record and keep up-to-date information using the appropriate IT and Information systems, in accordance with the Council’s policy and Procedures
- Undertake duty tasks as part of the Ascent Fostering rota as directed by the Managers
- Work out of hours as agreed
- Promote standards which achieve equality of opportunity
- Adhere to all relevant Policies & Procedures and fostering guidance
- Work in partnership with the managers and key professionals
- Participate in campaigns to recruit foster carers
- Respond to inquiries from the public in relation to becoming a foster carers
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- BA (Hons) Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent
- Health and Social Care Professions Registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Astute assessment and report writing skills and be able to produce analytical and well evidenced reports for internal and external use as required
- Good interpersonal skills, establishing effective working relationships though which one to one supervision and support is offered to foster carers
- Group work skills, facilitating support groups and foster carer team meetings
- Working knowledge of existing agency Policies and Procedures and their application
- Sound knowledge of current legislation, statutory and good practice guidance that governs and informs the delivery and standards of fostering service provision, as well as general developments in social work
- Sound working knowledge of: London Child Protection Procedures and Safeguarding Children and Young People 2014/BAAF Form F assessment process/Children Act and its context/National Minimum Standards Fostering Service 2011/Policy and procedures in relation to Looked after children/Policies and Procedures in relations to fostering service provision
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.