Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time in Telford. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this Supervising Social Worker job is £26,000 - £31,000 per annum and is an on a permanent basis.
- Guide and support foster carers in understanding the developmental trauma needs of children, and how carers need to respond and care for the children who will present with challenging behaviours
- Undertaking parenting assessments for parent and child placements
- Deliver supervision, support and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers across the region within the agency's established framework and required standard
- Ensure that children's care and development needs are met within placements; as identified within the Therapeutic Treatment Plan
- Participate in the 'out of office hours' duty system providing telephone support to Foster Carers
- To implement and evaluate a recruitment campaign for the TLC and mainstream Service
- To interview and assess suitable foster carers for the service including completion of relevant reports
- To arrange the approval of foster carers for the service via the relevant panel
- Promote open and regular communication with all internal and external customers and stakeholders to further the aims, objectives and purpose of the agency
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard and timescale, including paperless recording, IT diary and notifications
- Provide regular updates, activity plans, placement and business development trends, to the Senior Management Team
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.