Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time based in Stratford. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Supervising Social Worker job is £30,000 - £36,000 per annum.
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Previous experience of Children and Family Social Work
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural context
- Experience of direct work with children and young people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in partnership with foster carers, parents, employing agency, children's social workers and other professional agencies.
- Ability to work under own initiative, planning, managing and reviewing own workload.
- Willingness to work in a very flexible way, in order to be accessible and speedy in response to foster carer's needs.
- Ability to use computer for word processing to produce reports and to use e-mail to communicate with the agency.
- A thorough knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and associated guidance.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of local authorities in relation to looked after children and foster care.
- Full driving licence and use of car from day of appointment.
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.