Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time in Lambeth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work (A CQSW, CSS, DipSW, degree in Social Work or equivalent)
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Previous experience of Children and Family Social Work
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural context
- Experience of direct work with children and young people
- A thorough knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and associated guidance
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of local authorities in relation to looked after children and foster care
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equal access policies
- Knowledge of equal access service delivery
- Knowledge of the implication of race, racial origin, culture and linguistic background for childcare practice
- Commitment to services which enable children with disabilities to lead lives which are as normal as possible
- Motivated to deliver a high quality fostering service in a positive and enthusiastic way
- Willingness to use public transport when this is the most effective means of travelling to an appointment
- full driving licence and use of car from day of appointment.
- Willingness to work in extremely flexible way in order to be responsive and available to meet the needs of foster families. This will involve substantial evening and weekend availability
- Willingness to be available for telephone contact with foster families on an open -ended basis. Exceptions to this availability are made for annual leave, sickness and other agreed circumstances.
- Staff need to live within the M25.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.