Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time in Brighton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Supervising Social Worker job is £28,000 - £32,000 per annum.
- Deliver supervision, support and development opportunities to a target number of Foster Carers across the region within the agency's established framework and required standard.
- Undertake the necessary placement management, planning and intervention to achieve and maintain an 80% occupancy rate across the Foster Carer Team.
- Ensure that children's care and development needs are met within placements as identified within the Therapeutic Treatment Plan.
- Undertake parenting assessments, present to court where required.
- Undertake direct work as necessary, coordinating the activities of Social Work Assistants and others, to further the outcomes for children and young people in placement.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with local Commissioning and Social Work Teams which further the agency's partnership arrangements
- Keep compliance with the National Minimum Standards - Fostering Regulations.
- Be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post, including the Practice Educator programme.
- Be expected to ensure that Health and Safety are observed in the course of employment.
- Be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices.
- Must comply with the no-smoking policy
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Full driving licence
- 28 days holiday rising by 1 day for every 3 years' service (up to 12 years)
- Birthday day off
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme
- Healthcare scheme.
- Foster talk
- OOH Allowance (will also be part of the OOH rota)
- Applicants must be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.