Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a permanent vacancy for an experienced Supervising/Senior Social Worker to work home based covering the Midlands area.
The salary for this permanent Supervising/Senior Social Worker role is up to £36,900 per annum.
- Maintain records of placements, using electronic case recording systems, eg case recording, placement agreements, assessment reports, carer reviews, carer supervision and child progress reports, initial visits and Form F assessments
- Manage and supervise support workers in line with agreed support packages as well as completing support workers’ annual appraisals
- Preparation of statements and reports to the court or child protection conferences as requested by the placing Local Authority
- Attend and participate in childcare reviews, case conferences and other meetings as appropriate
- Contribute to the referral process ensuring thorough matching of children with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and/or ASD to carers
- Liaise with the Placements Coordinator regarding referrals, matching considerations and meetings. Carry out negotiations between Credo Care and placing authorities with respect to the placement of children
- Ensure that the child’s care plan is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the placing authority and in consultation with the child’s social worker, foster carers, parents, etc as necessary
- Assist in the identification and commission of appropriate therapeutic resources for children and organise their attendance (where appropriate)
- Assist in the identification of home tuition, appropriate educational and/or work placements for young people and assist in preparation for leaving care (where appropriate)
- Organise and support carer groups, children’s groups and training courses as required, including Skills to Foster courses
- Advise children and young people of their rights and assist in the use of the complaints procedure as necessary through a variety of communication methods
- Attend team meetings on a regular basis to share information and best practice regarding children in placement
- Update the company Outlook calendar, including details of casework, hours worked, location, annual leave etc. using a range of electronic devices (eg allocated laptops and mobile phones).
- Attend joint team meetings and training at a range of venues across the service
Requirements of the Supervising/Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Recent experience working as a qualified Social Worker
This Supervising/Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.