Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Chelmsford for a Band 6 Substance Misuse Nurse.
The salary for this permanent Substance Misuse Nurse job is £37,890 per annum.
- Provide high-quality clinical assessment and treatment to substance dependant prisoners, working in partnership with HM Prison Service and all other stakeholders.
- Provide high standards of nursing care through on-going clinical assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment for drug and alcohol users.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and professional accountability to safely deliver healthcare.
- Manage sensitive information empathically. This includes sharing and discussing a patient’s changing condition or needs with other relevant professionals.
- Participate in inter-professional and multidisciplinary working, to ensure continuity of care.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical and psychosocial service delivery.
- Delivery of prescribed medication following patient assessment.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care and act accordingly if concerns present themselves.
- Carry out risk assessments and management.
Requirements of the Substance Misuse Nurse:
- RGN qualified.
- Active NMC Registration.
- At least 2 years of post-registration experience.
- Evidence of personal development since entering the NMC register.
- Knowledge of the safe storage and administration of medication and knowledge and ability to comply with the NMC Code of Conduct.
- Strong IT Skills E A Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate patient records within the standards required locally, the Forward Trust and NMC.
- Knowledge and an awareness of health issues related to Substance Misuse.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to travel to other sites.
- Committed approach to continuous professional development and the revalidation process.
This Band 6 Substance Misuse Nurse job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.