Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to work based in Cornwall.
The pay rate for this locum Strategic Sourcing Specialist role is £400-450 per day (ltd) and has an initial 9-month contract.
- Contributing to the commercial leadership for spend and services as they relate to People, Place and Organisation through the development of the right commercial solutions to respond to the most significant commissioning challenges
- Acting as the named front line representative for different commercial projects within the organisation
- Leading on the development and delivery of Category Plans and Sourcing Strategies for the Council’s most significant make, do, buy decisions for the relevant directorates as they relate to specific commercial projects
- Leading the procurements for the Council’s highest value, complex high-risk commissions making actively binding commitments and agreements on behalf of the Council
- Leading the proactive market making and shaping to develop sustainable market solution
- For individual categories and commercial projects support the effective management spend and sourcing strategy
- Maximise value to the Council by supporting the development of the Medium-Term Financial Plan
- Contribute to the overall commercial performance of the Council through the effective deployment of commercial insight, intelligence and performance
- Contribute to a culture where commercial services are seen as an enabler, using their role to unlock solutions as opposed to mystifying and hiding behind rules
- Contribute to a service and culture where stakeholders proactively seek out support
Requirements of the Strategic Sourcing Specialist:
- Relevant professional qualification and / or membership of a relevant professional body- Ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent, or a willingness to commence study for such a qualification
- Comprehensive and sustained experience in a commercial, contractual or financial environment setting in either the public or/ and private sector. (Financial, Procurement or Contract Management)
- Extensive experience working within a similar role
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive recruitment knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Strategic Sourcing Specialist role is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.