Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Strategic Lead to work within a Inclusion and SEND Team based in Bristol. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Strategic Lead job is £70,777 to £76,714 per annum.
- As postholder of this role you will make a difference by delivering at a strategic level, the statutory duties relating to the quality of education for disadvantaged groups and SEND (Education). These will be discharged efficient and effectively and by driving a commitment to inclusive practice for all children across South Gloucestershire.
- It is important to lead and direct the specialist and professionals for disadvantage groups and SEND teams and be accountable for the performance and development of the teams. You will be developing "The South Glos Way" to ensuring high aspirations for all children and young people in partnership with setting and school leaders.
- Provide and present clear advice and support to the Councils Children and Young people committee in respect of education, policy and scrutiny matters. Whilst actively promoting the highest possible standards of education for children and young people, and ensuring robust challenge to all schools in respect of standards and progress.
Requirements of the Strategic Lead:
- Qualified teacher status or significant and extensive knowledge of Education in the context of school improvement and in particular vulnerable children and SEN.
- You'll have a broad knowledge of public sector service delivery, through direct provision and commissioning with specific experience of commissioning educational relevant services.
- Business acumen to create an environment where management of cost and service user satisfaction are achieved.
- You will have a clear and in-depth understanding of the national issues and legal framework relating to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Strong partnership skills to build strategic partnerships and relationships which create joined up solutions to complex issues for service users and residents.
This Strategic Lead job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.