Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Strategic Communications Officer in a to work full-time, remotely. The pay rate for this locum Strategic Communications Officer job is £170 per day (Assignment rate) and is an initial 5-month contract.
- Work with Corporate Communications, Insight, and Policy Officers to develop activities with strategic communication components
- Support Head of Strategy and Marketing and colleagues on best practices as it relates to strategic communications
- Provide technical support to strategic communications-based activities, including approving deliverables and assisting in evaluating results
- Be able to work directly with government, and other arm’s length body (ALB) counterparts to identify and develop potential strategic communications activities
- Support the evaluation of strategic communications initiatives
- Work across the External Communications Officers team to develop a strategy for project communications, including reporting and social media usage
- Any other duties as part of external communications activity (campaigns, PR and media, external affairs) as required by team demands and priorities.
Requirements of the Strategic Communications Officer:
- Experience in a role delivering stakeholder relationship management, providing support and organising stakeholder events.
- Good project management skills.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder influence and sentiment using analytical tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of how alliances with partners can be formed and benefits can be delivered.
- Some understanding of how government operates at the parliamentary and ministerial department level.
- Excellent time management skills, creating own work schedules, prioritising, preparing in advance and setting realistic timescales for self and others.
- Outstanding personal leadership, able to advise at all levels of the organisation with confidence and credibility.
- Awareness of the main stakeholder channels (digital / social) for listening and communicating.
- A team player with a collaborative and “can-do” attitude.
- Experience in a public affairs role is desirable.
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive Strategic Communications Officer knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus
- Find your own job bonus
- In-house payroll system
This Strategic Communications Officer job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.