Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Band 5 Staff Nurse to work on a Surgical Unit based in St Martins, Guernsey.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse job is £39,560 per annum.
- Be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating programmes of care for patients.
- Deliver care in accordance with current ward philosophy.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines contained within the Health and Social Services Policy Folders.
- Under the direction of the nurse in charge regularly act as ward co-ordinator.
- Take charge of the ward and supervise nursing staff on a regular basis.
- Act as a clinical supervisor and preceptor to develop skills of first and second level nurses, and nursing auxiliaries.
- Act as a key figure in assisting new staff complete orientation and induction programmes. Guidance in relation to furthering personal development shall take place through regular formalised appraisal and performance reviews.
- Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy.
- Show awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward.
- Put into practice the theory and principles of the agreed nursing model.
- Manage total care of a group of patients within sphere of competence.
- Supervise the practise of newly qualified and unqualified staff.
- Ensure communication given to and received from other members of the multi-disciplinary team is effective.
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- RGN qualified.
- Active NMC Registration.
- Recent UK nursing experience.
- Experience co-ordinating ward activities, delegating appropriately.
- Evidence of effective communication skills; with particular reference to Multidisciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Understanding and ability to apply evidence-based care.
- Evidence of self and professional development.
- Professional approach to work.
- Maintains high professional and personal standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Positive attitude.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Credible and Trustworthy.
This Band 5 Staff Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.