Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for a Staff Nurse (Registered General Nurse) to work days and night shifts within a care home based in Merseyside. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse role is £20,592.00 per annum.
- To act as a Senior staff member and, when necessary, the Senior Officer on duty, and to maintain the highest possible standards of Nursing and Care practices and Public Relations.
- to be familiar with the Nursing & Midwifery Council "Code of Professional Conduct" (and any changes thereto), and ensure that own and subordinates' Practice within the Home is in accordance with this Code and to the highest possible standard.
- To be familiar, or become and remain familiar with the best principles of the provision of residential care for dependent people, as contained within "Home Life: a code of practice for residential care", the Department of Health publication "Homes Are For Living In", and any other publications which might be introduced from time to time and are recognised as being of persuasive authority, ensuring that own and others' practice within the Home is in accordance with the principles contained in such documents and to the highest possible standards.
- To be or become conversant with the Care Standards Act 2000, The Care Homes Regulations 2001, the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and any associated Regulations and Code of Practice, the National Minimum Standards for Older People, and the National professional Code of Conduct for care staff and employers, and any amendments to these, and to ensure that own practice and that within the home accord with the requirements of these.
- To be familiar, or become and remain familiar with the required contacts with and notifications to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) , and ensure that your own and the home's practices accord with these, as far as is legally required, necessary and appropriate.
- To be aware of the importance of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, the various Regulations, and any amendments which might arise, to follow the procedures for drug administration established by Dovehaven Care Homes, and ensure that own practices and recording are in accordance with these.
- To be aware of the needs of and benefits to self and others of continuing learning and training, and, in discussion with Senior staff, to ensure that all possible learning/training opportunities are taken.
- To participate in the assessment of Service User's needs, as directed by Senior Staff, to ensure that the home is suitable and continues to be able to provide for each Service User's needs, and to take part in reviews of current needs.
- At all times, to ensure the maintenance of a safe environment
- Registered nursing qualification or equivalent
- Registered with the NMC
- UK Nursing experience
This Staff Nurse role is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.