Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Band 5 Staff Nurse to work based in St Martins, within the Older Adult Mental Health Team.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse job is £30,566 - £39,560 per annum.
- Co-ordinate the management of the Ward in the absence of another Registered Nurse and will have responsibility for ensuring that best practice is adopted to maintain high standard of care.
- Assisting service users with all activities of daily living is a core component of this role. Care will be individualised to each service users’ needs and will be delivered in a dignified and compassionate manner at all time. Service user’s views will be respected and where possible they will be included in any decisions around their care. Service user safety is of the highest priority and the post holder will ensure that all States of Guernsey policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Act as a mentor to more junior members of staff and may be required to take on additional responsibility within the area of work to support the Senior Staff within the team.
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for older adults within the service.
- Autonomously initiate emergency interventions as patient/client condition dictates.
- Provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the postholder’s experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary.
- Participate as team member, including supporting relatives and friends of service users together with providing support for other service users.
- Maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards.
- Independently liaise and communicate effectively with members of the nursing staff, multidisciplinary team and other associated agencies.
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice.
- Escalate any service user or service related concerns to senior staff without delay and if necessary complete an incident form.
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- RGN qualified.
- Active NMC Registration.
- Recent UK nursing experience.
- There is a requirement for significant physical effort in this role therefore a good standard of fitness is required to assist service users with their activities of daily living.
- Good understanding of the English language both verbal and written.
This Band 5 Staff Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.