Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Staff Nurse to work full time based in Nottingham, within the Neurological Rehabilitation Service. This role is for 38.5 hours per week – however requests for flexible working hours such as half-day shifts also considered.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse job is £31,211 - £33,033 per annum.
- Work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker (with facilitation) for a defined group of patients/residents
- Work in accordance with THG Nursing Strategy and contribute to achieving THG strategic objectives
- Take charge of the ward/department/unit in the absence of senior nursing staff following a performance review
- Adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24 hour period
- Be an active participant in the multidisciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments
- In conjunction with other health professionals, assess and manage risks identified through the assessment of patients/residents
- Regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with other health professionals to modify care plans as appropriate
- Act as the primary nurse for an inpatient stay
- Ensure that clinical practice is evidence-based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisation's policies and procedures
- Undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice
- Act as a mentor/preceptor to students/support workers as appropriate
- Supervise junior staff in carrying out their care plans
- Liaise effectively with all actively involved in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients/residents
- Maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance the quality of care for patients/residents and carers
- Protect vulnerable adults/children from internal/external factors and act as a Patient Advocate
- Ensure a comprehensive assessment is completed for the patients/residents to ensure a comprehensive person-centred assessment is completed for their pathway
- Maintain professional standards of practice at all times
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- RGN/RMN/RNLD qualified
- Active NMC Registration
This Staff Nurse job is advertised by Kristian Hammond; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.