Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Ireland for a Staff Nurse to work 39 hours per week.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse job is £25,819 - £43,310 per annum.
- Be responsible for the delivery of high quality patient care working collaborator as a member of the Inter Disciplinary Team
- Be responsible for his/her own professional development
- Supporting and assisting colleagues and facilitating achievement of specific Critical Success Factors as developed for the Ward/Unit/Department
- Take charge of the Ward/Unit/Department as assigned by their CNM
- Integrates accurate and comprehensive knowledge of ethical principles, the Code of Professional Conduct and the Scope of Professional Nursing Practice, in the delivery of patient care
- Fulfils the duty of care in the course of nursing practice
- Implements the Mission Statement, policies, protocols and clinical guidelines of the Mater Private Hospital
- Responds appropriately to instances of unsafe or unprofessional practice
- Integrates knowledge of the rights of patients in the health care setting
- Determines own Scope of Practice utilising the principles outlined by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland and adheres to the Code of Professional Conduct
- Consults with the CNM if allocated nursing assignments that are beyond the level of competence
- Clarifies unclear or inappropriate instructions
- Conducts a systematic, holistic assessment of the patient needs based on nursing theory and evidence-based practice
- Analyses data accurately and comprehensively and takes the appropriate action to address the findings
- Records on the Mater Private Hospital Nursing Assessment & Reassessment document in a timely and accurate manner
- Establishes and identifies priorities in relation to health needs and their resolution in consultation with the individual patient/family and other members of the health care team
- Develops a discharge plan and follows up care in consultation with the individual patient/family and other members of the health care team
- Implements planned nursing care/interventions to achieve the identified outcomes
- Evaluates patient progress towards expected outcomes and reviews plans in accordance with evaluation data in consultation with the patient
- Establishes and maintains a caring therapeutic interpersonal relationships with individual patient/families
- Records results of the assessment of pain in a way that facilitates regular re-assessment and follow up
- Educates the patient and family regarding the importance of effective pain management
- Collects data
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with colleagues and patients/families
- Works effectively as a member of the health care team, demonstrates the ability to co- operate with colleagues in getting work done efficiently and effectively
- Promotes and encourages patient/family participation in care
- Utilizes a teaching process framework, assessment, planning implementation and evaluation when conducting patient education
- Identifies patient and family learning needs to include the following topics as appropriate to patient care
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- Registered General Nurse
- Be on the live register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Children First Certificate
- GDPR Certificate
- A pre-assessment medical form must be submitted prior to commencement date
- Recognises own abilities and their level of professional competence
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for consequences of own actions or omissions
- Exhibits knowledge and awareness of legal and professional accountability with regard to medication management
- Exhibits knowledge and awareness of relevant statutes and legislation regarding the practice of prescribing, ordering, dispensing, storing, recording and supplying or medicinal products
- Recognises the rights of patients to appropriate pain assessment/reassessment and management
- Demonstrates conflict resolution skills and shows ability to resolve issues in an unbiased manner and provides rationale for decision
- Recognises and provides support towards colleagues when special intervention is required
- Continuing of Professional Development
- Continuous Quality Improvement
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach is prevention of clinical and non-clinical incidents
- Pension scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted inpatient and outpatient treatment rates
- Sick leave scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Financial support for career training & development
- Staff Care Services programme
- Career break scheme
- Discount pharmacy rates
This Staff Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.