Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Staff Nurse to work based in Blackpool.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse job is £39,312 per annum.
- Provide care for the patients from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care.
- Work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team to meet the needs of the patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
- Provide a high-quality mental health nursing service for patients with SMI to advise on physical healthcare including diet, weight gain, exercise, lifestyle, sexual health and side-effect monitoring.
- Undertake the clinical audit programme, as agreed, by determining the patient group, obtaining all necessary clinical and health economic data, reporting back on activity versus objectives and quality of outcomes in accordance with laid down procedures. Any changes in medication which may result from the audit programme must be as a result of a decision by the relevant psychiatrist. Ensure an audit tool is completed and updated on a weekly basis.
- Set up and run patient clinics, as agreed with lead clinician, in order to assess, provide support and give advice and clinical assistance to patients, where necessary, according to local guidelines.
- To complete records, audits, reports and respond to appropriate questions and requests.
- To attend meetings as requested.
- To keep Hospital Manager informed about pressures and difficulties or problem areas when aware.
- Set up and run/facilitate weight management groups and physical activity groups.
- To prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Train other nursing staff in the counselling and optimisation of care for patients with SMI including physical health checks and advice.
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- RGN qualified.
- Active NMC Registration.
- Recent UK nursing experience.
- Clinical supervision training and experience.
- In-Patient Mental Health working.
- Training and Presentation skills.
- Able to communicate highly complex and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness in relation to strengths, weaknesses, and personal qualities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Evidence of innovation.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Experience of undertaking clinical audits.
- Ability to work in an environment of change to meet the needs of the hospital.
- Work under pressure and to agreed timescales.
This Staff Nurse job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.