Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Staff Nurse to work based in Hoylake.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse job is £44,928 per annum.
- Provide a high-quality mental health nursing service for residents with SMI to advise on physical healthcare including diet, weight gain, exercise, lifestyle, sexual health and side-effect monitoring.
- Undertake the clinical audit programme, as agreed, by determining the patient group, obtaining all necessary clinical and health economic data, reporting back on activity versus objectives and quality of outcomes in accordance with laid down procedures. Any changes in medication which may result from the audit programme must be as a result of a decision by the relevant psychiatrist. Ensure an audit tool is completed and updated on a weekly basis.
- Set up and run patient clinics, as agreed with lead clinician, in order to assess, provide support and give advice and clinical assistance to residents, where necessary, according to local guidelines.
- To complete records, audits, reports and respond to appropriate questions and requests.
- To attend meetings as requested.
- To keep Home Manager informed about pressures and difficulties or problem areas when aware.
- Set up and run/facilitate weight management groups and physical activity groups.
- To facilitate and participate in multi-disciplinary education and clinical supervision/
- The post holder will work within the team of nurses and health care assistants to deliver excellent physician health care services within the Home.
- Where the post holder is an independent prescriber; to prescribe safe, effective and appropriate medication as defined by current legislative framework.
- To prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Train other nursing staff in the counselling and optimisation of care for residents with SMI including physical health checks and advice.
- Submit accurately all required reports to the lead clinician and case manager in the agreed format and to agreed deadlines.
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- RGN qualified.
- Active NMC Registration.
- Recent UK nursing experience.
- Clinical supervision training and experience.
- In-Patient Mental Health working.
- Training and Presentation skills.
- Management of residents with complex needs.
- Accountability of own role and other roles in a nurse-led service.
- Local and National health policy.
- Clinical governance issues .
- Understanding of the Leading Change, Adding Value Framework for Nursing.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-awareness in relation to strengths, weaknesses and personal qualities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Evidence of innovation.
- Significant post registration experience.
- Dealing with residents with SMI.
- In-patient Mental Health working.
- Nurse-led management of minor illness, minor ailments, and injuries.
- Nurse-led triage.
- Experience of undertaking clinical audits.
- Non-medical prescribing.
This Staff Nurse job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.