Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work full-time or part-time based in Erith, within the Acute Children’s Team.
The pay rate for this locum Speech and Language Therapist job is £25.10 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- To provide a clinical and advisory SLT service to school aged children with a diverse range of speech, language and communication needs including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder, complex needs e.g. biomedical disorders.
- To work as part of an integrated team with Speech and Language therapy assistants and SLT colleagues. To participate in multi-disciplinary work with colleagues in health, education and parents/carers.
- To provide an assessment, diagnostic and treatment service for children referred to the school aged and early years teams within the Borough of Bexley.
- To demonstrate specialist clinical skills in the assessment and intervention of speech sound disorders, providing second opinions and supervision to other members of the team.
- Be responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of evidence-based therapy interventions.
- Demonstrate specialist clinical skills in the assessment and intervention of language disorder which may include Developmental Language Disorder / Language Disorder associated with a bio-medical condition e.g. Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy.
- Demonstrate high level of clinical effectiveness by use of evidence-based practice and outcome measures. To be a source of expertise and hold knowledge of best evidence-based practice in a specialist clinical area that will be shared with other team members.
- To monitor and review the progress of therapy programmes and care plans implemented and facilitate modifications of interventions/targets as appropriate.
- To make a differential diagnosis on the basis of evidence from assessment, seeking advice when appropriate. Written reports / care plans will be completely in a timely manner to service users and appropriate agencies.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapist
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist
- At least two years of post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist
- Evidence of successful completion of generic and specialist short courses at post graduate level e.g. Nuffield Dyspraxia Foundation, PECS, SCERTs
- Clinical experience of assessment and intervention of speech, language communication in school aged settings
- Experience providing training for education staff
- Awareness of own need for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Well established knowledge of a broad range of assessment tools relevant to the client group
- Demonstrate high level of computer literacy to enable effective data collection, report and document writing
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive speech and language therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Children’s Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised by Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.