Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 7 Oncology Speech and Language Therapist to work based in Lurgan.
The pay rate for this locum Oncology Speech and Language Therapist job is £25.25 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Responsible for management of own specialist clinical caseload involving assessment, differential diagnosis and prognosis, formulation of individual treatment plans, writing assessment reports, providing appropriate specialist interventions with advice to clients, carers and staff, and evaluating treatment outcomes and discharge planning for patients with specialist palliative care needs.
- Provide Specialist Speech and Language Therapy input to the Specialist multidisciplinary palliative care team assessment and management of the client group.
- Lead, develop and maintain effective speech and language therapy communication and professional relationships within the community specialist palliative care team and hospice and other health and social care professionals including hospitals, GP’s, District Nursing and Nursing Homes.
- To provide specialist advice and education to speech and language colleagues, and a range of other Health and social care professionals, working across the Trust working with adults with specialist palliative care needs.
- To take a lead role in decisions re patient management, facilitating and planning appropriate onward referral, liaising with core community staff and specialist community teams.
- To represent speech and language therapy, the palliative care service and /or individual patients at multidisciplinary meetings, locally and regionally to ensure the delivery of a coordinated MD service. Contribute to the relevant statutory processes at all stages for the clinical specialty.
- To be responsible for organising and planning own and others caseloads including domiciliary visits as necessary to meet service and patient priorities.
Requirements of the Oncology Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapy
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist
- At least two years of post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with speech and language therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 7 Oncology Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.