Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6/7 Speech and Language Therapist to work based in St Albans, within a Deafness School.
The pay rate for this locum Speech and Language Therapist job is £25-£30 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 6-month contract.
This role is 22.5 hours per week (Term Time).
- Work within a team of therapists and assistants in the school and work collaboratively with specialist teachers within the setting.
- Provide assessment, diagnosis and specialist, evidence based intervention to children referred for speech and language therapy, including providing information to parents, carers, teaching staff and other professionals.
- Manage own caseload of children.
- Work within a multidisciplinary framework to provide a co-ordinated approach to children’s speech, language, and communication needs.
- Advise and provide clinical support to other therapists.
- Seek advice and supervision where appropriate.
- Supervise and allocate work to assistants, SLT students and less experienced therapists.
- Jointly supervise and monitor the implementation of specialist treatment programmes delivered by Speech & Language Therapy Assistants and students and allocate tasks appropriately to them while retaining overall responsibility for the caseload, and for work undertaken by clinical support staff.
- Deliver training sessions for student SLTs, work experience students, volunteers, SLT assistants, teaching staff, other professionals, less experienced SLTs and parents and carers with the knowledge of senior SLT staff.
- Contribute to the supervision and support of a small number of less experienced SLTs.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapy.
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Recent post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with speech and language therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6/7 Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.