Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6 Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to work based in Woking.
The salary for this permanent Band 6 Specialist Speech and Language Therapist job is £32,780 per annum.
- To provide speech and language therapy advice, assessment, and intervention to school aged children within Surrey in order to support them to achieve their educational potential and meet the objectives of the service.
- To manage a defined caseload of children and young people with speech, language, and communication needs.
- To provide verbal and written feedback on pupil progress to families and schools.
- To measure pupil progress through the use of speech and language therapy specific and educational outcome measure tools.
- To engage and work collaboratively with other professionals to achieve the best holistic outcome for the pupils on your caseload.
- Clinical decision making in conjunction with school staff around the level of support needed to achieve the best possible outcome for the children on your defined caseload.
- Support either formally through line management or informally through peer support; junior therapists and assistants to develop skills and provide the right support to children and young people they are working with. It will also involve setting targets for the children and young people they are supporting and monitoring of the delivery and outcomes of their work.
- Assessment, advice, and intervention for children with a range of speech, language and communication needs within your caseload including the management of those considered to have complex needs and where a joint multidisciplinary approach is essential to achieving the best outcome for these children.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapy.
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Registered Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Recent post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Additional post graduate training in one or more of the following areas: dysphagia (for posts with our Special schools for children with severe learning difficulties), PECS, Makaton, TEACH, or Speech disorders.
This Band 6 Specialist Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.