Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work based in Guernsey, within the Adult Disability Service.
The salary for this permanent Speech and Language Therapist job is £49,449 per annum.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and discharge adults with learning disability and/or autism referred with Speech, language and communication difficulties, and dysphagia.
- Provide appropriate intervention and evaluate outcomes.
- Refer to management and senior therapists during the course of individual case management, to access knowledge or advice as appropriate.
- Plan, run and evaluate intervention groups in accordance with clinical need.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers, support staff, other professionals and voluntary agencies in order to contribute to and participate in an integrated interagency/multi-disciplinary approach.
- Write reports reflecting knowledge of speech and language therapy assessments and interventions for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism, in accordance with service standards and distribute accordingly.
- Demonstrate negotiation skills with regard to case management of complex cases.
- Attend review meeting, multidisciplinary team meetings, case conferences and other service-user related meetings.
- Provide advice to others regarding the management and care of clients with communication difficulties, and dysphagia.
- Develop the ability to demonstrate clinical effectiveness by use of evidence-based practice and outcome measures.
- Develop ideas of innovative practice in working to promote and develop adults with leaning disability and/or autisms communication skills, in community, mainstream, specialist targeted and specialist settings.
- Assume delegated tasks as requested by line manager and clinical supervisor, including leading working groups within set parameters and attending multi-agency meetings relating to the service.
- To be involved in the development of team objectives or projects, in liaison with peers.
- To identify individual training needs allied to service objectives.
- Adhere to and implement service and team plans and policies.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapy.
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Demonstrate competence in dysphagia equivalent to level C according to the Dysphagia Training & Competency Framework, RCSLT 2014.
- Recent post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Post graduate certificate or equivalent in specialist field.
- Membership of relevant special interest groups/CEN’s.
- Evidence of recent relevant professional development.
- Experience working as a SLT in adult disability settings with knowledge of current national drivers and clinical guidelines relating to adults with learning disability and/or autism with speech, language and communication needs, and dysphagia.
- Relevant training and experience in delivering interventions and alternative and augmentative communication approaches and systems, relevant to working with people with learning disability, and/or autism i.e. Intensive Interaction, Talking Mats, sign supported communication (e.g. Makaton or Signalong), social stories, symbols (e.g. PECS, Boardmaker).
- Experience of working in adult therapy settings.
- Hold a full current/valid driving licence.
This Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.