Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6 Learning Disabilities Speech and Language Therapist to work based in Wandsworth.
The pay rate for this locum Learning Disabilities Speech and Language Therapist job is £26-£27 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- To autonomously manage a general caseload of adults with a learning disability, who have complex needs, within the context of a multidisciplinary and multi-agency team. Some of these clients will have English as an additional language.
- To highly provide specialist assessment, diagnosis and intervention for clients with developmental speech, language and communication difficulties and dysphagia
- To deliver therapy intervention in residential, community, day service and educational settings and to ensure that therapy is embedded in the client’s daily routines.
- To work as a member of the SLT team providing an efficient and effective service, liaising with internal and external agencies. He/she will provide timely and targeted individualised management, treatment, and advice for clients, involving families, carers and professionals and providing appropriate recommendations and training to professionals from other agencies and other disciplines.
- To work as a member of the multidisciplinary team, initiating, participating, and supporting the line manager in team development and service improvement, ensuring that systems and processes are in place to deliver an efficient and effective service
- To participate in continuing professional development and other activities to maintain evidence based best practice. He/she will also assist with the work of student placements, assistants and colleagues and will provide observation opportunities for other professionals.
- To support the work of the Learning Disability Service as required by the Head of Service.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner within the standards of professional practice stipulated by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Requirements of the Learning Disabilities Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapy
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist
- At least two years of post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with speech and language therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Learning Disabilities Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised by Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.