Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Guernsey for a Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work within an Adult Disability Service.
The salary for this permanent Speech and Language Therapist job is £36,501 per annum.
- The post holder will work as a member of the Community Learning Disability and Therapy and Enablement Teams providing an efficient, effective and co-ordinated Speech and Language Therapy Service to the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- You will assess, diagnose, treat and discharge adults with learning disability and/or autism referred with speech, language and communication difficulties, and dysphagia.
- The post-holder will work within the team to promote communication through both individual and systemic team working.
- The post-holder will provide specialist communication assessment and intervention for individuals, which is goal focused.
- You will work closely with the Speech and Language Therapy Team and alongside direct support staff, to develop capability in specialist learning disability and autism settings.
- You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, excellent training opportunities and free parking across the Island including all of our Health and Social Care sites. They also honour continuous service from the NHS or a local or public authority* in the UK for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and they offer staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your pension into the compulsory States of Guernsey Pension Scheme.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapist
- HCPC registered as a Therapist
- Recent post qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist
This Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.