Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist to work based in Woking.
The salary for this permanent Speech and Language Therapist is £28,974 – £31,273 per annum.
- Clinical decision making in conjunction with school staff around the level of support needed to achieve the best possible outcome for the children on your defined caseload. If not yet an autonomous practitioner, you will be supported to develop clinical decision-making skills by a clinical team leader.
- Working with speech and language therapy assistants and will involve setting targets for the children and young people they are supporting and monitoring of the delivery and outcomes of their work.
- Provide speech and language therapy advice, assessment, and intervention to school aged children within Surrey in order to support them to achieve their educational potential and meet the objectives of the service.
- Manage a defined caseload of children and young people with speech, language, and communication needs.
- Provide verbal and written feedback on pupil progress to families and schools.
- Measure pupil progress through the use of speech and language therapy specific and educational outcome measure tools.
- Engage and work collaboratively with other professionals to achieve the best holistic outcome for the pupils on your caseload.
- Work within a team of therapists and assistants who support children and young people within either a special school environment or in mainstream schools, including specialist centres.
Requirements of the Speech and Language Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Speech and Language Therapy.
- HCPC registered as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Registered Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Recent post-qualifying experience working as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Post holder within the mainstream team will be required to travel, although allocated schools will be within a defined geographical area.
- Practical knowledge of relevant legislation, processes and procedures and issues relating to the service user group with ability to apply this in challenging situations. Working knowledge of practice standards where appropriate.
- Able to assess, plan and review cases; undertake challenging casework, where appropriate shadowing more experienced social workers/practitioners.
- Competent in a range of IT tools including MS Office and database management systems.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
This Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist job is advertised Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.