Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for experienced and dedicated Specialist Social Worker to work full-time within Palliative Care based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this Permanent Social Worker role is £42,000 to £55,000 per annum.
- The main purpose of the post will be to provide a social work service to people who have a life-limiting illness, their carers and family during a time of change and uncertainty associated with disability, loss and grief.
- The post holder will work collaboratively with the Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialists to provide expert specialist care in all care settings; the post holder will act in an advisory capacity to members of the multidisciplinary cancer & palliative care team on social care issues, educating or acting as a mentor as appropriate.
- They will also provide training, consultation and supervision for internal and external staff in relation to this specialist practice area.
- To provide a social work service to adults living in the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- To carry out assessment using the agreed standardised format.
- To participate in co-ordinating services for people wishing to remain within their own homes.
- To offer support to people who may be moving into care.
- To work in a flexible way, adapting the specialist palliative care service to meet the changing needs of service users from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.