Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Specialist Practitioner to work within a Children's Team based in Stoke-On-Trent. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services.
The pay rate for this locum Practitioner job is £32.34 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 2-month contract.
- To ensure that within all cases, but specifically complex situations all eligible children receive good quality, in-depth assessments, robust plans with SMART planning that is appropriate to meet their needs and achieve good outcomes for children.
- To support less experienced members of the team and students in learning and developing skills, knowledge and expertise, by providing advice, guidance and mentoring.
- To carry out assessments and manage plans of intervention/support/care within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
- To provide a needs-led, professional social work service to children, young people and their families, complying with legislative requirements and in accordance with established best practice
- To maintain a personal awareness of legislation, national and regional developments and key drives that shape and influence contemporary social work practice.
- To ensure that service user records are maintained in accordance with Departmental procedures, and that information required for management purposes is recorded and inputted appropriately.
Requirements of the Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Current HCPC registration
- Demonstrate current knowledge of professional social work practices and theories relating to social work
- Extensive post qualification experience including that of a progressed social worker
- Knowledge of social care legislation and guidance and other legislation eg, Education and Housing relating to children's social care
- To hold or currently working towards Stage 2 Practice Educator Award
This Practitioner job is advertised by Sanctuary; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.