Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Specialised Haematology Pharmacist to work full-time based in Portsmouth.
The pay rate for this locum Band 7 Pharmacist job is £30 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Be responsible for the patient focused pharmaceutical care to patients within the Oncology and Haematology service at Portsmouth NHS Trust in a number of settings (e.g. ward and day unit)
- Provide expert advice on pharmaceutical matters relating to cancer treatment to medical staff, nursing staff, other pharmacy staff and patients as required. For the ward based service this includes: Drug history taking, medication review (including review of complex prescribed regimes), patient counselling, (including all types of chemotherapy and supportive therapies), identification of patients who need additional help with their medication and ensuring processes are in place to ensure that patients can be discharged in a safe and timely manner.
- Screen prescriptions clinically and identify anomalies such as interactions, contra-indications, inappropriate doses. For chemotherapy prescriptions this will also include interpretation of blood results.
- Be GCP trained and able to screen and check prescriptions for patients on clinical trials within the Haematology and Oncology speciality.
- Work with the senior team of pharmacists working within Haematology and Oncology to ensure that prescribing guidelines are developed, maintained and followed. This includes ensuring that all relevant permissions such as approval via Blueteq have been completed before proceeding with the order for chemotherapy.
Requirements of the Band 7 Pharmacist:
- Must be registered on the GPHC as a pharmacist.
- Must have a relevant qualification in pharmacy.
- Experience working as a pharmacist within the NHS or similar setting.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive pharmacy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Band 7 Specialised Haematology Pharmacist job is advertised by Phil Hanton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.