Sanctuary Health is currently looking for experienced and dedicated Obstetric and Gynaecology Sonographer to work full-time based in Surrey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Radiography and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this permanent Sonographer job is £47,000 - £50,000 per annum.
- To perform Obstetric, Gynaecological, Fertility and general abdominal ultrasound scans in line with Departmental protocols.
- To assess and report on own ultrasound examinations and maintain appropriate records
- To participate in research, audit and CPD.
- To work closely with the team to provide a professional ultrasound service to new and existing patients
- To independently provide a daily acute abdominal ultrasound service to all departments at the clinic, working within own qualification & expertise.
- Have a detailed knowledge of ultrasound equipment and the physics of ultrasound and be able to operate a wide range of ultrasound machines. To use this skill and knowledge to operate machines safely to produce optimum images and most accurate diagnosis. Participation in evaluation of new equipment.
- To use own judgment to analyse and interpret ultrasound images in order to provide independent written reports. To give a diagnosis to the referring clinician which may directly impact on patient treatment and management; often resulting in surgical intervention. Provide specialist advice concerning the care and/or treatment of obstetric, gynaecological and abdominal patients.
- Make recommendations for further scans, assessment and referral where necessary.
- To report and communicate findings directly with referring Clinicians and other health professionals regarding patient's ultrasound scans.
Requirements of the Sonographer:
- Degree or equivalent within Sonography
- Recent post qualifying experience working as a Sonographer
- HCPC registered
This Sonographer job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.