Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Social Worker to work based in St Martins, within the Youth Justice Service.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £53,965 per annum.
- Offer a social work service to children and young people (aged 12-18) referred to Youth Justice by the Courts, the Children’s Convenor or other social work teams
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Utilise evidence based tools to assess need, plan and implement a range of interventions which address offending behaviour, with the objective of reducing the risk of re-offending
- Plan and develop services specifically aimed at diverting young people away from criminal activity, including helping to develop new services
- Prepare reports for Criminal Courts in Guernsey, the Office of the Childrens Convenor and for other relevant bodies; for example, the Parole Board, Child Protection Conferences etc
- Supervise young people on Statutory Court Orders made in the Criminal Courts, including post release orders from Youth Detention
- Attend Child Youth and Community Tribunals (CYCT) and prepare initial and updated Child’s plans
- Act as lead professional and hold responsibility for ensuring action plans are in place and acted upon both on a statutory and voluntary basis
- Provide a social work service to children and young people aged 12-18 who are at risk of social exclusion, offending behaviour or family breakdown
- Attend as an Appropriate Adult when necessary, interviews at the Police Station, Prison or Customs, as required under Guernsey PPACE 2003
- Determine and implement appropriate strategies to effect changes in behavioural and social interactions of children and their families, and to attend professional meetings and participate in planning meetings regarding children and their families
- Provide solution focused brief interventions and restorative approaches with children and their families
- Act as the Youth Justice Representative at the multi-agency Convenor referral meeting
- Act as the Youth Justice representative in Juvenile Court and to provide appropriate advice to parents and young people appearing in Juvenile Court
- Actively participate in professional supervision with the team manager
- Be responsible for the accurate recording of information and events on all service users in accordance with HSSD policy and procedures
- Participate in a Rota to provide and emergency service out of hours
- Assist in the collection and return of relevant statistics, provide reviews of work, and to positively participate in Supervision and continuous professional development
- Undertake any other duties as may be determined by the Director, Children & Maternity Services, from time to time
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- BA Social Work, Dip in Social Work, CQSW or equivalent and a good general education
- Hold current registration with HCPC
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience of Social Work practice in Children and Families setting
- Knowledge of relevant Child Care and Criminal Justice legislation relating to young offenders and their families, both in Guernsey and in the UK
- Experience of implementing evidence based interventions both in group and individual settings and the ability to promote positive change in accordance with assessed needs
- Ability to manage and prioritise a workload, to make use of supervision and work as a member of a team, working jointly as appropriate
- Skills in assessing the needs of children and young people, in formulating plans and packages of service provision and the ability to work with complex issues
- Good written and communication skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with children and young people, parents, carers and other professionals
- Committed to anti-discriminatory practice and equal opportunities, working in partnership with children and families to promote family life, and ensure that children are cared for safely in their own homes wherever possible
- Be in possession of a clean and current car-driving licence
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.