Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Youth Justice Service based in Haringey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £32,548 - £43,684 per annum.
- The post holder manages a complex caseload of high-risk young people and Looked After Children, subject to court disposals. Working closely with family, schools and key agencies to address the factors leading to offending is key to achieving outcomes.
- Responsible for managing a highly complex caseload of high-risk young people in accordance with National and Service Standards. Maintaining accurate and timely data, reports and presentations, using the Youth Justice Service Information System (Childview).
- Develop effective intervention plans, evidencing input from young people, parents/carers, liaising with partnership providers to access additional services to support the young person, reduce the risk they pose and prevent further offending.
- Delivers a high level of expertise in particular areas of practice, leads on those areas, carries out quality assurance processes and reviews key aspects of team performance.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development aligned to any relevant Professional Competency/Capability frameworks or Knowledge and Skills Statements.
- The candidate will have experience of social work and /or criminal justice practice and deep knowledge and understanding of youth justice and children's legislation and the ability to build strong working relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Deep and up to date knowledge and understanding of youth justice, children's and other relevant legislation, regulation and guidance.
- Experience of chairing meetings involving young people, family members and/or carers and other multi-agency professionals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for young people.
- Proven track record of clear decision making with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.