Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Southwark, within the Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £27.27 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
The role holder will benefit from a strong, stable and supportive management team, good quality supervision the experience of contributing to Lewisham's exciting improvement journey.
- To act as the lead for age assessments and Human Rights Assessments, and to gain support from other teams to complete these where required
- To be the case holder for UASCs up until their first review or second review depending in level of need
- To hold a caseload of approximately 10 (TBC)
- A responsible practitioner for planning the initial accommodation of UASC referred via Police, Home Office and Pan London rota
- Carrying out C&F assessments and LAC care planning
- Assessing CSE, Trafficking and Child Criminal Exploitation and making necessary referrals in addition to devising risk reduction plan
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Significant experience working in partnership with adolescents and young people
- Be confident in your assessment and pathway planning skills
- Must be passionate about working with children and families and must demonstrate that they are motivated and committed to the work.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.