Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Peterborough, within the Transitions Team.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker role is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Provide support and advice to Disabled Children and Young People.
- As a 0 to 25 Disability service the client group is disabled children and their families and those young people requiring support to transition into adult services and early adulthood.
- The service operates as one service of two teams; a 0 to 18 team and a transitions team for 14 to 25. There is cross over and so some social workers have mixed case work of both children and young adults.
- Ensure that these Children and Young People’s needs are assessed and supported in line with the respected legislation and statutory requirements, supporting positive and aspirational outcomes for the children and young people.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Interest in or experience of working with disabled children.
- Understanding of the challenges facing disabled children and young people and their families.
- Have enthusiasm and creativity in engaging with disabled children and young people.
- Have experience in working within Children's legislation and/or adults’ legislation.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team, to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure. To be punctual, reliable, and work with integrity.
- Occasional need to work some unsocial hours and the ability to undertake visits out of county is essential. As such applicants will require a full driving licence with use of own car.
- May be required to supervise one alternatively qualified practitioner.
- Available to start as soon as possible.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.