Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Together for Adoption, Recruitment & Assessment Team in Wigan. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
The post holder will work directly with adoptive families throughout their journey to adoption. In addition, the successful applicant will contribute by supporting and promoting the development of the service and maintaining a high standard of professional practice.
You will work directly with adopters throughout the assessment process. This will include attending recruitment campaigns, providing a duty system, delivering Information sessions, preparation groups for adopters and additional training programmes as required.
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Required to work flexibly
- You are required to have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively with a wide range of agencies
- You are required to have a sound knowledge base around adoption legislation and guidance and will be expected to apply consistently high standards to ensure better outcomes for children and their families
This Social Worker job is advertised by Vaughan Graham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.