Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Surbiton, within the Target Youth Support Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £39,346 per annum.
- Provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning, and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion.
- Supervise fostering/adoption arrangements.
- Contribute to ensuring a positive, high profile for Surrey’s Children service in its dealings with the public, users and carers, and external agencies.
- Take guidance from more experienced staff, undertaking child protection investigations, act as key workers to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- Assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Completed ASYE or moved from a similar level role in another organisation.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work, including experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people.
- Up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
- Ability to travel round the county to meet the demands of the job.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.