Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within the Support to Foster Carers Team based in Blackpool. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30.00 - £35.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Assist the foster carers in their task of providing care to a child in care which will improve the child's well being and life chances by promoting the individual outcomes for children
- Ensure the foster carer has access to adequate social work and other professional support, information and advice, to enable the foster carer to provide consistent, high-quality care for a child or young person placed in their home
- Ensure that the child is seen and their individual needs are reflected in support for the carers professional development
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
- At least 2 years' experience in statutory children's social work
- Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
- Experience of court work
- Experience in managing a varied and complex caseload
- Ability to write concise, fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in inputting into children's services data systems
- Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Megan Roberts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.