Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in a Special Needs Team in Blackpool. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
We work with children and young people from the age of 0 - 18 that have the following identified needs. At present there are 194 children open to the team:
- A severe or profound learning disability
- A severe physical disability
- A substantial degree of visual impairment/moderate and severe hearing loss.
- A complex Autistic Spectrum Condition with a learning difficulty.
- A complex medical health condition, including:- Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, HIV/AIDS or severe disfigurement.
- We work with all children, families and young people identified across level three and four on the Pan Lancashire Continuum of Need.
- Social Workers complete Child and Family Assessments on the children with additional needs and their siblings to identify any needs and strengths of the family, including services that are available to meet these and what level these should be provided under.
Requirements of Social Workers:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Children Looked After Team experience
This Social Worker jobs is advertised by Vaughan Graham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.