Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Uxbridge for a Social Worker/Senior Social Worker to work within the Youth Justice Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker/Senior Social Worker job is £34,884 - £43,860 per annum.
- Provide a high-performing social work service to children and families in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and statutory requirements
- Manage a wider, increasingly complex social work caseload including safeguarding, with more autonomy
- Use range of frameworks for assessment and intervention
- Provide support for trainees and other employees, including acting as a 'buddy' for inductees
- Take responsibility for obtaining regular, effective supervision from appropriate Social Worker to ensure effective practice, critical reflection and career development
- Be responsible for proactive measures in response to emergency safety and liberty issues
- Demonstrate cost-consciousness in the application of available resources
- Maintain knowledge of current team plan and of own contribution in delivering this
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with required Standards including the Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework (Social Work level)
- Use a wide range of evidence sources to inform decision-making
- Clearly report and record judgements, decisions and analysis using the appropriate system (Protocol/AIS)
- Manage social work caseload of more complex nature and with high levels of autonomy
Requirements of the Social Worker/Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Completion of the ASYE
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more areas of social work practice
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding and use of knowledge related to area of practice, including critical awareness of current issues and new evidence-based practice research
- Recognise discriminatory practices and appropriately challenge service users, colleagues and senior staff
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant SW discipline
- Practice Educator Professional Standards
- Enhanced DBS check
- Current UK Driving License or Equivalent
- Access to own vehicle insured for work purposes
- Ability to write reports to a high standard
- Understanding of Children and Families legal framework and assessment process
- Experience of working in a Youth Justice Team
This Social Worker/Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.