Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker/Senior Practitioner to work based in Greenwich, within the MASH Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker/Senior Practitioner role is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Deal with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members.
- Provide social work help and intervention to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in need so that children maintain a reasonable standard of health and development, receive reasonable parenting, and have a sense of permanence through secure attachment to their parents or carers.
- Where children are looked after, ensure their needs are met in accordance with their care plan, they are ready to fulfil their potential as adults and receive the right support as care leavers.
- Make sure that the child is at the centre of professional assessment, planning, intervention, and review activity, and that their views and wishes (appropriate to their age and understanding) are sought and used to understand the child’s world and shape the level of intervention and type of help offered.
- Provide leadership and co-ordinate the work of professionals working together to meet the needs of children in need, including those with a child protection plan, privately fostered children, and looked after children and care leavers.
- Wherever possible work with parents / carers to reduce risks to the child’s welfare and strengthen protective factors through providing effective social work help, whilst recognising that sometimes that parents / carers cannot continue to provide safe reasonable parenting to a child, and alternative arrangements are required for bringing up the child.
- Work with foster carers, special guardians, prospective adopters, and other people who are looking after someone else’s children, to ensure that children’s needs are met and that they are able to live as normal a life as possible, understand their journey to their placement, are making good progress in terms of their health.
Requirements of the Social Worker/Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker/Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.