Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker, Foster Carer Recruitment & Assessment Officer to work full-time based in Stratford. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £30,000 - £38,000 per annum.
Purpose of the job:
- Provide a friendly, helpful and effective response to local authority staff wishing to place children with the agency and to contribute to the overall objectives of the referrals, assessment and placements team (RAPT).
- Ensure that fostering assessments are prepared and presented to panel in a timely fashion meeting the expectations and quality set out by the RAPT manager.
- Provide a friendly, helpful and effective response to potential foster carers and to contribute to the overall objectives of the recruitment, assessment and placements team.
- Contribute to the recruitment and preparation of potential foster carers.
- Advise, support and supervise independent social workers carrying out fostering assessments for GLF.
- Proof read fostering assessments, ensuring that they meet the standards of the agency.
- Ensure all necessary checks and references have been undertaken and are satisfactory.
- Undertake midway supervision with assessing social workers offering guidance and support.
- Contribute to the organisation, administration and delivery of preparatory training for potential foster carers and participate in training of staff and approved foster carers.
- Support the work of the Social Work Teams in ensuring the stability of placements.
- Help carers solve problems arising from placements.
- Visit and support foster carers as needed.
- Ensure that foster carers are informed, and fully comply with all standards and policies and guidance, including safe caring guidelines, agreed by GLF.
- Undertake comprehensive assessments of potential foster carers in accordance with legislation and relevant regulation and prepare a report on their suitability as foster carers, using the BAAF form F format.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- A thorough knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and associated guidance
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of local authorities in relation to looked after children and foster care.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Experience of training or developing foster carers or other staff acting as a resource for children and young people.
- Experience of working with foster carers.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.